November 6, 2008

dearSELF.

My aunt sent this to me...

Before we embark upon the journey of finding the relationship that is right for us, we may want to take the opportunity to refine our concept of who we are and our ideas of what we want from life. That way, we are clearer on the kind of person we want to attract into our lives. Part of the journey of finding a mate is learning how to become our own mate. When we can learn to meet our needs without relying on someone else to complete us, we don’t have to form relationships from the space of needing our emptiness to be filled. We can also discover our intrinsic value, separate from what someone else might be reflecting back to us. Getting to know who we are and learning to love ourselves creates a solid foundation of self that we can bring to any relationship.

I think this is a good lesson for everyone.
I don't know about you but it is something I am working on. self love.
and knowing that God has an unconditional amount of all the love I could ever possibly need and want. He is more than enough.
I am content with this.












worn but not weary.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow. Now that's pretty intense. Your aunt has good words. Really.

And about the thing I wrote the other day, I just wrote it. It wasn't really for anything specific.

And you're coming to 'P-town' this weekend? yay. But I don't know if I'll get to see you because of my family backpacking adventure. I might be back early enough Sunday so we can chillax.

brittany said...

tears to my eyes.
you are so right.
and your aunt.

Alyssa said...

rachel- chillax? pshhh. haha. I can't believe you wrote that? you should have meigen make it into a song. you're amazing.
B- thanks. I try. just kidding. ugh this is hard. come to flag on tuesday.
:]