January 21, 2009

Livin' on Love.


I wish that everyone had grandparents as wonderful as mine.
this is a little overdue.
My grandparents are amazing. How there is so much pure and honest love in a relationship sometimes amazes me. They pass that love on to anyone and everyone in their paths. I hope they know how much they inspire me and how much I look up to them, love them and just all around enjoy them. They are fun and funny and adorable.
The night before I left, my last night of Christmas break, I spent with my grandparents. And I can honestly say it was the best time I had all break. My grandma decided that she wanted to make me a nice dinner before I went back to eating cafeteria food. So my grandmother and I embarked on a mission to make chicken, noodles, green beans, salad and, my idea and most important job, an angel food cake. We pleasantly worked side by side for a good couple of hours while my grandpa played the guitar and we all three sang together. So dinner was served at promptly eleven (yes PM). And in the words of my grandfather, "it was worth the wait." The angel food cake had some drama, which the temperature accidentally getting turned up a hundred degrees, and came out of the oven looking like..well...a pile of fluffy mess.It looked horrible but my grandma told me it wasn't bad for my first angel food cake BUT then we tasted it! it was SO good. We all stood around it and ate it (with our fingers I might add) like five year olds until it was basically gone. I had more fun with my grandparents that night then I have had in a long time. I am so thankful that I have them.
One day I hope to be as wonderful as my grandparents.

No comments: