TOMS SHOES.
"Tomorrow's shoes, because the company’s whole focus is on making a better tomorrow."
Even though there is no "Tom," there is a Blake and his idea was a pretty incredible one.
Two years ago Blake Mycoskie created and launched a for-profit company called TOMS with the idea of "one for one" for every pair of shoes you buy TOMS gives a pair to a child in need. For these children something as simple as a pair of shoes can mean the chance to attend school, and ultimately alter their lifestyle completely. Thus far TOMS has provided over 130,000 shoeless children in rural areas of Argentina, South Africa, and even the United States with the only pair of shoes they have ever had. Can you imagine? These truly are shoes that change lives.
TOMS has been something for me that since the moment I heard about, I loved. But it was not until recently that I actually did my research and realized what complete respect, admiration, and love I have for this company and it's cause. Everything about it inspires me and I can only pry that one day I might be half as good as Blake Mycoskie.
"After starting TOMS and traveling around the world and seeing the environments that people are living in, I realized that you don't need much to be happy. Some of the happiest people I've ever met live out in the jungle." -Blake Mycoskie
if only everything we did in our lives was as good as this....
B and I have already decided, we will be going on a shoe drop.
some summer soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment