February 11, 2013

fairytales, princesses, the color pink, and things that sparkle.

My life lately has been pretty consumed with all things pink and heart shaped. I guess working in a preschool classroom in February will do that to you. But it has made me think. Recently one of the little girls in my class told everyone her favorite color was "sparkle." Another little girl showed me all the pictures she took with the princesses at Disneyland. And I love it. I think it is wonderful that these beautiful, innocent little beings believe that life can be pink and sparkle with love and that all the problems can be solved with the sweet love of another person. Imagine how wonderful the world would be if everyone believed like that..If we all believed, like an innocent little child, in fairy tales and loved our world and each other just the way they do. I think we would be much better off. But I have always been a believer in these fairy tales and the idea that there is a happily ever after out there for everyone and that love conquers all. I know there are a lot of harsh critics out there who think that is naive and silly but I truly think it is important for all children to believe in fairy tales and things that are sparkly and most importantly full of love. I can only hope that their favorite color will always be "sparkle" and that they will always see the world as the beautiful place they see it as now.

"We love because He first loved us." 1John4:19

No comments: