(here is your warning: this is going to be a rant. turn back now.)
I need to preface this with three things: one, I love weddings, I really do. and two, I am not as cynical as I sound, this is just something that bothers me. and three, please if you have planned your wedding do not be offended, to each his own. That being said, here we go. . . I do not have a dream wedding. How could that possibly be possible? I am not in a serious committed relationship and thus do not spend my time thinking about a hypothetical scenario in which I would be getting married. This is exactly the problem I have with pinterest (which I am making strides on because there are wonderful ideas on there.) I cannot stand it when a female (or male, although I have never met any that do this) plans her wedding and has all these ideas about what she wants when she is not even in a relationship much less engaged. How can you do that? How can you plan a hypothetical day with a hypothetical person whom you may not even have met yet and God forbid you may never met? What if you plan to have blue and yellow as you colors only come to find out when you do met that person and do start to plan they hate those two colors? Or decide you want peonies but find out they are allergic to them? Want lace and find out he hates lace because it reminds him of his mean old great aunt? What if you fall in love with a Jewish man and he has to have a traditional Jewish wedding? Time completely and totally wasted. Isn't a wedding all about the combination of two people? How can you plan the whole thing when you don't even know anything about the other half of that equation? I know, I am a freak because I did not spend my childhood planning my dream wedding, don't get me wrong I wanted to get married eventually and in my young adult life when (the few times) I have gotten close to someone and the idea that we could some day get married has come up I have given it a quick thought. But that was it, a quick thought, because I knew that other person and thought about for a moment what a day would be like that combined the things we loved most. BUT, I never planned it and looking back now, good thing I didn't. I guess my major problem is that I don't like that weddings turn into something all about one person (the bride). I believe it should be a celebration that displays who you are as a couple and what your likes together are. So, all that being said, I guess I do have a dream wedding; that it is a day that perfectly displays who me and my hypothetical future spouse are as a couple. and that the stress is limited and the happiness is overflowing.
(if you read all of that, I am impressed.)
sorry for the rant and again I might have cheated but, here's to tomorrow:]
No comments:
Post a Comment