April 24, 2009

MEXICO.

last weekend I went to Mexico with B, her parents, and her church people, this is what happened...

FRIDAY.
We started the drive with chocolate milkshakes and laughs... and a little late. We drove basically all day trying to catch up to the group if only so Brittany could say, "Golden Egg riding top gun." on the walkie talkie. We arrived in Caborca at about six thirty at what was called a steak center (which has nothing to do with steak. I also learned a lot of Mormon things on this trip.) We meet up with other people from Brittany's Steak and church and the people of Caborca and ate dinner. Then we did what B called "the auction" and found out who we were staying with. Although apparently B's family is so pro that they always stay with Pancho and Letti and their son's Miguel (Mikey) and Pancheto. After that B and I ventured out into the church yard and meet the most adorable little boy, Mikey. We played with Mikey for awhile, and quickly found out he likes to climb and jump and swing..and you're the jungle gym. Then we went "home." We stayed up for so long talking about nothing and everything and finally mid-conversation fell asleep.

SATURDAY.
We woke up early because we were on what B's grandpa called, "the special crew." We ate some breakfast and walked to the red cross center where we were to paint inside and out. We got there before most and started to get to work. We were supposed to go on the roof to mask and paint but we weren't allowed to go up until the boys put down wood planks for more support. We finally got up on the roof and started masking and painting. It took a good two hours to just get the first coat and then they just brought the sprayer in and it took like two minutes. Then we had to get down, SCARY. After that we painted the sides of the building and did little jobs here and there and played with Mikey. Then it was lunch time. We had the most delicious food. SO GOOD. After lunch most everyone left to go to the beach, but because we weren't done we stayed until everything was finished. When we were finally done, like six hours later, we went "home" took showers and got ready to go out. We had a few hours so B's parents took us to this Catholic Mission with bullet holes, the bullet holes are there because of a war and they symbolise something.. I just never figured out what. Then we went to the town square and looked at the cute stuff. Got some bracelets, and some tortillas! Then it was time for the FIESTA!
This was so fun! We again ate delicious food, played with Mikey, and made new friends. We had to have a translator, Sarah, but we asked them to dance and to teach us how to dance like them, so they did. It was so fun. I learned a lot. We danced to so many songs, we did the gorilla dance and a lot of others. It was a blast and I think that B and I can now dance how they do in Mexico! Oh and we also meet B's Jose but not really met just saw;]. After this (yeah the night was not over yet!) we were all getting ready to leave when one of our new friends ran up to us and started speaking in Spanish (which we obviously did not understand) so again we went and got a translator, Seath this time, who told us that they wanted us to go with them into town. So we jumped into a van with about 2o plus people. B and I sat on a cooler while others sat on the floor and a random chair and the back seat bench. We drove trying not to fall and laughing. The Mexican boys sitting across from us kept turning the light above our heads on and looking at us and saying things. The girl next to me who also spoke English and Spanish told us they were saying we were cute. Brittany, who's plan when she doesn't understand people is to just say "SI!" and "BUENO!" ended up telling one of the boys he was cute. Hahaha. The whole van grew quite and started laughing and "ohhhh"ing. So funny. They took us to the Mission Church again and we played on the playground we had somehow missed before. There were very cool swings and teeter totters. It was sweet. I laughed so much this night. And we really got to experience the culture and the people which was so neat. Then they took us "home." I was so tired.


SUNDAY.
We got up early for church, which was so interesting for me. I have never been to a Mormon church service not to mention it was in Spanish, needless to say it was an experience and very cool. I made friends with a baby boy sitting in front of me. So they just passed him back to me and all the sudden I had a little baby. I think he thought I was crazy. But he played with B and I for awhile, we made a lot of noise and we probably very disruptive but we had fun. He eventually started crying and was passed back to his mother. After church we took pictures, lots of pictures. haha. And then we changed and were on the road. On the way home B actually got to use the walkie talkie, that was exciting. I slept and listened to voicemails;] it was nice.

This was the first time I have ever been to Mexico . It was such an awesome experience and apparently once you go you have to go back every year, which I am totally okay with. I loved Caborca, it was really all around a beautiful experience, and I am so glad I went.











No comments: