it was interesting to say the least. .
These are some things I learned:
- School closes down when there is too much snow and ice and on these days it is okay to have snowball fights with complete strangers.
- Even though it is a big campus you will not be able to avoid those boys that you never want to see again.
- If you are downtown and it is night time, take a boy, or two, or three. And be ready to run away.
- School might be the reason you are here, but that doesn't mean it is the reason other people are here.
- It is very possible to fit nine plus people in my car. Even if most of those people are boys.
- The walls in the dorms are, to say the least, not thick. And we can hear how much you are enjoying yourself. our turning up the volume on the TV means, "please be quite." not "please get louder."
- The "free hugs guy" is an elementary education major and will one day be a teacher.
- Snow is more fun when you don't have to dig your car out of it.
- When it hits 72 and partly cloudy girls suddenly don't have to wear clothes, just bathing suits.
- Flagstaff has very unique characters and you will get to meet them all.
- Your roommate might come home drunk and throw up in the sink for the entire night, so for your own safety put your toothbrush away.
- Text asking to "hang out" after midnight are usually booty calls. You don't have to feel bad for ignoring them.

- Email is a formal form of communication.
- The guy that wears all orange all the time does it for Jesus.
- Trees can be PINK. and they are BEAUTIFUL.
- Legit hippies do smell bad and are tripped out on drugs.
- You can send packages from the NAU post office that are covered in foamy dinosaurs and hearts! (but think twice before sending those packages to your friend in boot camp..he could end up having to make "dinosaur noises" on command.)
- Eating is not as important as sleeping.
- If you leave your door open while you are in your room you will make lots of new friends. half of them will be drunk and a third of them might in fact be high too.
- The most important thing I learned was DO YOUR RESEARCH before you pick a school.
Don't get me wrong I have had a lot of fun at NAU and I learned a lot, but if given the choice I think I would have picked something a little different. I am thankful for the experience to grow though, and I am sure things I learned here at NAU will serve me well down the road.
but now, BRING ON THE SUMMER!
2 comments:
LOVE IT!
you were right. i do appreciate this.
Post a Comment